Relations with shareholders
The Company is committed to communicating its strategy and activities clearly to its shareholders and, to that end, maintains an active dialogue with investors through a planned
programme of investor relations activities. The investor relations programme includes:
- formal presentations of preliminary and interim results;
- Q1, Q2 pre-close and Q3 trading statements.
- regular meetings between institutional investors and senior management to ensure that the investor community receives a balanced and complete view of the Group’s performance and the issues faced by the Group;
- hosting investors’ and analysts’ sessions at which senior managers from relevant operating companies deliver presentations which provide an overview of their individual businesses;
- responding to enquiries from shareholders through the Company’s investor relations team;
- regular meetings between institutional investors and analysts and the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer to discuss business performance; and
- a comprehensive investor relations section on the Company’s website.
The Chairman, the SID and the chairmen of the Board’s committees are available to meet major investors on request. The SID has a specific responsibility to be available to shareholders who have concerns, and for whom contact with the Chairman, Chief Executive Officer or Chief Financial
Officer has either failed to resolve their concerns, or for whom such contact is inappropriate.