Directors’ statement of responsibility
The directors confirm that, after reviewing expenditure commitments, expected cash flows and borrowing facilities, they have a reasonable expectation that the Company and the Kingfisher Group have adequate resources to continue in operational existence for the next financial year and the foreseeable future. For this reason they continue to adopt the going concern basis in preparing these financial statements. Further details of the Group’s liquidity are detailed in the financial review.
Disclosure of information to auditors
Each person who is a director at the date of approval of this report confirms that: so far as he or she is aware, there is no relevant audit information (as defined by section 234ZA of the Companies Act 1985) of which the Company’s auditors are unaware; and each director has taken all the steps that he or she ought to have taken as a director to make himself or herself aware of any relevant audit information and to establish that the Company’s auditors are aware of that information.
Responsibility for preparing financial statements
- ensure that the Company keeps accounting records which disclose with reasonable accuracy the financial position of the Company and which enable them to ensure that the Group financial statements comply with the Companies Act 1985 and Article 4 of the IAS Regulation; and that the parent company financial statements and the Directors’ remuneration report comply with the Companies Act 1985
- take such steps as are reasonably open to them to safeguard the assets of the Company and Group and to prevent and detect fraud and other irregularities;
- apply suitable accounting policies in a consistent manner and supported by reasonable and prudent judgements and estimates where necessary;
- comply with applicable accounting standards (except where any departures from this requirement are explained in the notes to the financial statements); and
- ensure the maintenance and integrity of the Company’s website. Information published on the internet is accessible in many countries with different legal requirements. Legislation in the United Kingdom governing the preparation and dissemination of financial statements may differ from legislation in other jurisdictions.
Directors’ responsibility statement
- the Group financial statements, prepared in accordance with IFRSs as adopted by the EU, give a true and fair view of the assets, liabilities, financial position and profit or loss of the Company and the undertakings included in the consolidation taken as a whole; and
- the Company’s financial statements in the report, prepared in accordance with United Kingdom Accounting Standards (UK GAAP) and applicable law give a true and fair view of the assets, liabilities, financial position and profit of the Company; and
- the Business review contained in this report includes a fair review of the development and performance of the business and the position of the Company and the Group taken as a whole, together with a description of the principal risks and uncertainties that they face.
By order of the Board
25 March 2009