Annual Report and Accounts 2007/08
Analysis of Share Register Categories as at 2 February 2008
|Bank or Nominees||3,182||10.21%||2,113,990,534||89.54%|
|Other Corporate Body||19||0.06%||3,698,227||0.16%|
Results and Financial Diary
|First quarter results||4 June 2008|
|Pre-close first half sales||24 July 2008|
|Half year results to 2 August 2008||September 2008|
|Third quarter results||November 2008|
|Fourth quarter results||February 2009|
|Preliminary results||March 2009|
Annual General Meeting
Thursday 5 June 2008 at 10.30am at The Paddington London Hilton Hotel 146 Praed Street, London W2 1EE.
Company Secretary and Registered Office
3 Sheldon Square
Tel: 020 7372 8008
Computershare Investor Services PLC
The Shareholder Helpline is run by Kingfisher’s Registrar, Computershare Investor Services PLC, and is available on UK business days between Monday and Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm. The helpline contains automated self-service functionality which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Using your Shareholder Reference Number which is found on your share certificate or dividend tax voucher, the self-service functionality will allow shareholders to:
- Confirm the latest share price;
- Confirm current share holding balance;
- Confirm payment history;
- Order a Change of Address, Dividend Bank Mandate or Stock Transfer Form.
The number to call is 0870 702 0129.
Registrar’s Investor Centre
Investor Centre is a free, secure share management website provided by Kingfisher’s Registrars. Managing your shares online means you can access information quickly, securely and minimise postal communications. This service will allow you to:
- View your share portfolio and see the latest market price of your shares;
- Elect to receive your shareholder communications online;
- Calculate the total market price of each shareholding;
- View price histories and trading graphs;
- Update bank mandates and change address details;
- Use online dealing services.
To take advantage of this service, please log in at www-uk.computershare.com/investor and enter your Shareholder Reference Number and Company Code. This information can be found on your last dividend voucher or share certificate.
Protecting your investment
Kingfisher plc is legally obliged to make its share register available to the general public. Consequently some shareholders may receive unsolicited mail, including correspondence from unauthorised investment companies.
Over the last year a number of companies have become aware that their shareholders have received unsolicited phone calls or correspondence concerning investment matters. These are typically from overseas-based brokers who target UK shareholders offering to sell what often turn out to be worthless or high risk shares in US or UK investments. They can be very persistent and extremely persuasive. Shareholders are advised to be very wary of any unsolicited advice, offers to buy shares at a discount or offers of free company reports.
If you receive any unsolicited investment advice:
- Make sure you get the correct name of the person and organisation;
- Check that they are properly authorised by the FSA before getting involved. You can check at www.fsa.gov.uk/register;
- The FSA also maintains on its website a list of unauthorised overseas firms who are targeting, or have targeted, UK investors and any approach from such organisations should be reported to the FSA so that this list can be kept up to date and any other appropriate action can be considered. If you deal with an unauthorised firm, you would not be eligible to receive payment under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. The FSA can be contacted by completing an online form at www.fsa.gov.uk;
- Inform our Registrars on 0870 702 0129.
Details of any share dealing facilities that the Company endorses will be included in company mailings.
Tips on protecting your shareholding
- Ensure all your certificates are kept in a safe place or hold your shares electronically in CREST via a nominee;
- Keep all correspondence from the Registrars which shows your shareholder reference number in a safe place, or destroy correspondence by shredding;
- If you change address inform the Registrars. If you receive a letter from the Registrars regarding a change of address and you have not recently moved, please contact them immediately;
- Know when the dividends are paid and consider having your dividends paid directly into your bank (you will need to fill out a dividend mandate form and send it to the Registrars), thus reducing the risk of the cheque being intercepted or lost in the post. If you change your bank account, inform the Registrars of the details of your new account. Respond to any letters the Registrars send to you about this;
- If you are buying or selling shares, only deal with brokers registered in the UK or in your country of residence.
Change of Address and Bank Mandate Security
Kingfisher’s Registrar, Computershare Investor Services PLC, will not register a change of address or change of Bank Mandate instructions unless in writing and signed by the shareholder. They will take any other measures they feel reasonable to protect shareholders from fraudsters. Please note, shareholders can also update addresses and mandates via Investor Centre. This service can be accessed at www.computershare.com/investor/uk.
Low Cost Share Dealing Facilities
Shareholders now have the opportunity to buy or sell Kingfisher shares by telephone or internet using a low cost share dealing facility operated by Kingfisher’s Registrar, Computershare Investor Services PLC.
Telephone: Commission is 1%, subject to a minimum charge of £15 but stamp duty at 0.5% is payable on purchases. The service is available from 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays.
Telephone: 0870 703 0084
Internet: Commission is 0.5%, subject to a minimum charge of £15 but stamp duty at 0.5% is payable on purchases. The service is available to place orders out of market hours.
Simply log onto www-uk.computershare.com.
Copies of the terms and conditions of both of these services can be obtained by calling 0870 702 0129.
Shareholders can elect for dividends to be paid by mandate directly to a UK bank or building society account through the BACSTEL-IP (Bankers’ Automated Clearing Services) system. For the benefit of shareholders resident in any of the eurozone countries, the Company offers the option to receive dividends in euros. The Company also offers shareholders a Dividend Reinvestment Plan. Shareholders can apply online at www.computershare.com/investor/uk or complete a mandate form and return it to the address shown. For further details, or any queries about the administration of your shareholding, please contact the Company’s Registrar either by writing or phoning, or online at www-uk.computershare.com.
Global Payments Service
This service provided by Kingfisher’s Registrar enables shareholders to have dividend payments paid directly into their bank account in their chosen local currency. To view terms and register, please visit www.computershare.com/uk/investor/GPS.
Electronic Communications/Electronic Proxy Voting
Kingfisher plc actively encourages all shareholders to register for the electronic communications service through the eTree™ campaign run by our Registrars and in conjunction with The Woodland Trust. When you register for electronic communications, a tree will be planted on your behalf with the Woodland Trust’s ‘Tree For All’ scheme in a UK area selected for reforestation. This service enables you to save paper, contribute to a greener countryside and reduce harmful carbon dioxide emissions which impact climate change.
By registering with eTree™, you will be able to:
- Cast your AGM/EGM proxy vote electronically;
- Access details of your individual shareholding quickly and securely online;
- Receive electronic notification via email and the internet of statutory documents such as the Company’s financial results, including annual and interim reports and quarterly trading statements.
As of March 2008, over 3,300 shareholders have registered for the service and over 1,300 have contributed to the planting of 1.9 acres of woodland in the last three years. More information about the programme can be obtained by visiting www.etreeuk.com/kingfisher. For information about the Woodland Trust’s ‘Tree For All’ scheme please go to www.treeforall.org.uk.
CREST Electronic Proxy Voting
The Company will be accepting proxy votes through the CREST Electronic Proxy Voting system.
Kingfisher is included in two socially responsible indices, the FTSE4Good and Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes.